About Our Community Services
Equity through independence: Sharing information, ensuring access
We provide a range of one on one support services for people who are deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing in NSW to ensure that they are able to live independently and can access information and services provided to them by other organisations.
The support services that we provide fall under three broad categories which are:
- One on one support for people who are deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing living in Metropolitan Sydney
- One on one support for people who are deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing living in regional NSW
- Independent Living Skills training for people who are deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing requiring additional support who live in Metropolitan Sydney
The one on one support services we provide include assistance on the following:
- Centrelink – assisting you with issues you may have with them or to you wish to claim a benefit
- Utility Companies – assisting you with paying bills and dealing with them
- Legal Assistance – if you have problems with the law we can assist you
- Debt – help you manage your money if you have problems
- Letters – assisting you understand letters and forms you have to fill in
- Personal support – if you would like to talk about something we are here to support you
- Your Rights – we work with you to ensure you know what your rights are and how to access them
We are committed to providing support and services to the Deaf Community all around NSW, the state is a large place and it is challenging to meet the needs of people who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing in all parts of NSW.
We are doing the best we can to reduce isolation and provide the best services we can in regional areas using technology where appropriate. You are welcome to contact us to find out more.