How can you help?
You can help us achieve our vision of Equity for deaf people.
Our corporate aim and vision is to achieve equity for all deaf people. This means we are working towards ensuring that deaf people get the best deal possible in all walks of their lives, that they are provided with the most appropriate access to information, communication, services and education, and that this access is able to meet their needs.
Whether you are a single individual, small business, sporting or social group or a multinational company, we are happy to meet with you to discuss ways in which we may be able to work together and establish a mutually beneficial relationship.
Here are a variety of ways in which you could support us, and remember that, in supporting us, you are also supporting the Deaf Community in NSW:
- support us financially, by making a donation, leaving a bequest, fundraising for us, or sponsoring an event.
- learn Auslan (Australian Sign Language) so you can better communicate with deaf people and maybe even volunteer or work within the Deaf Community.
- ask your employer to run a deaf awareness course at your work
- add Deaf accessible content to your website by adding information in Auslan.
- Think about employing a person who is deaf, hard of hearing or deafblind.
- become a volunteer at one of our events or to help us in the office.
- become a member.
Your support can help us make a difference and help us achieve our vision of equity for deaf people.
Contact us to find out more.