Smart and Skilled & Community Service Obligation Funded Courses
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW vocational education and training (VET) system. It is helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Government Subsidised Training
You are eligible if you fall into one of these categories:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or New Zealand citizen, and
- aged 15 years or older
- not at school*, and
- living or working in NSW
Specific courses have been subsidised by the NSW Government. It is available if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- students with a disability
- long-term unemployed
- students who are Commonwealth welfare recipients and their dependants
- young people (15 - 17 years of age) who are at risk of not making a successful transition from school to further training or work
- migrants/refugees who are unemployed or underemployed
- people with other barriers to the Smart and Skilled entitlement program
- people in regional and remote communities where training under the Smart and Skilled entitlement program cannot easily be accessed.
|Smart & Skilled funding||Community Service Obligation funding|
|FSK10113 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways|
|22234VIC Course in Initial General Education for Adults|
|22235VIC Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory)|
|22236VIC Certificate I in General Education for Adults|
For other information:
- Smart and Skilled website (Get the skills you need. Find the government subsidised courses and training providers near your location.)
- Smart and Skilled – Community Service Obligation (CSO)
- Smart and Skilled Consumer Protection Strategy
If you would like more information, please contact Smart and Skilled at 1300 772 104.
*Special conditions apply to ACE CSO programs for young people still at school. Ask the Deaf Society about these conditions.
Enrolment in a Deaf Society course does not guarantee that a student will successfully complete their course, or that the student with obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of the Deaf Society. RTO ID: 91243.