How do I access the NDIS?
The NDIS is now available in many parts of NSW. If you are under 65, you can contact the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to begin the registration process.
- Through the NRS call the NDIA on 1800 800 110.
- They will ask you a few simple questions like;
- Are you an Australian citizen?
- Are you under 65?
- Do you live in an NDIS area?
- Do you have a permanent disability?
- If you answer ‘yes’ to all the questions, they will ask you for your email address or postal address so that they can send you the Access Request Form. You can also recieve an Access Request Form at your closest Deaf Society office.
- You need to complete the Access Request Form to register for the NDIS. The Access Request Form will ask you for proof of your age, citizenship and residency. They will also ask you for evidence of your disability.
- When you have finished the form you need to post or email it back to the NDIA.
- The NDIA will then process the paperwork and contact you to organise a pre-planning meeting. It may take the NDIA a few months to contact you because there are thousands of people trying to access the NDIS.
If you have any questions about the Access Request Form or would like support completing the form, please feel free to contact us.